ADWEA announces list pre-qualified companies for 350MW Solar PV Independent Power Project

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox
ADWEA announces list pre-qualified companies for 350MW Solar PV Independent Power Project

The Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) has formally announced the list of pre-qualified companies for participation in the competitive process to select a developer or developer consortium to own up to 40% of a project company in relation to a 350 MW Solar PV Independent Power Project located at Sweihan, Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The remaining 60% equity of the project will be held by ADWEA.

The project will comprise the development, financing, construction, operation, maintenance and ownership of a 350 MW Solar PV Independent Power Project, together with associated infrastructure.

The plant will be located in the Eastern Region of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, near the town of Sweihan approximately 120 km east of the city of Abu Dhabi, and in the vicinity of an existing high voltage substation, to which it will be connected.

Over 90 companies originally responded to ADWEA's request for an Expression of Interest (EOI), published in December 2015, of which 48 companies subsequently submitted their Statement of Qualifications, in accordance with a Request for Qualification (RFQ) sent on 10 March 2016 to all companies who had expressed interest within the stated timeframe.

ADWEA has selected 34 companies as Pre-qualified parties in accordance with applicable criteria and such companies have received a detailed Request for Proposal. The Pre-qualified Bidders are the following:

  • Acciona / Swicorp (as consortium)
  • Acme
  • ACWA Power
  • Adani
  • Alfanar / Building Energy (as consortium) 
  • Canadian Solar
  • China State Construction Engineering Corporation
  • EDF Energies Nouvelles
  • Elecnor
  • Enel
  • Engie
  • Equis
  • First Solar
  • Fotowatio FRV
  • Golden Concord Holdings / PAL Technology (as consortium)
  • Hindustan Clean Energy, Intecsa / Cobra (as consortium)
  • JGC
  • Jinko Solar
  • Kepco / GS Engineering & Construction / Hanwha Q Cells (as consortium)
  • Mainstream
  • Marubeni
  • Masdar
  • Mitsui
  • Phelan Energy Group
  • ReNew Solar Power / Japan Renewable Energy (as consortium)
  • RWE / Belectric (as consortium)
  • Sojitz
  • Solar Reserve 
  • Spectrum / Maessa / Leighton Contracting (as consortium)
  • Stumpf / MENA Infrastructure Fund (as consortium)
  • Tenaga
  • Total / Sunpower (as consortium)
  • TSK

The deadline for Bid Submission has been set in the RFP for 19 September 2016.

ADWEA's Chairman, H.E. Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Bin Butti Al Hamed, stated:

 "This Project will support the Emirate of Abu Dhabi's achievements in sustainability and energy diversification through the use of renewable and clean energy, in accordance with the vision of the Late Founding Father and President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan, who through his vision, dedication and wisdom championed environmental stewardship, and through the continuation of such vision and leadership by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and the directions of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces and Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council, and the oversight of the Abu Dhabi Government".

Share this news

Join us

In order to get full access to News section, you must have a full subscription. You can check all the benefits of becoming a member and purchase a subscription on our membership page.