Chinese firm to develop wind farm in Ethiopia

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox
Chinese firm to develop wind farm in Ethiopia

Dongfang Electric Corporation Limited (DECL), the Chinese-based electric company has closed an agreement with state-owned Ethiopian Electric Power Utility (EEPU) for the development of a wind farm located 20 kilometers distance from Ethio-Djibouti border in Somali State, Ethiopia.

The project involves the development of a 120 MW wind farm, which comprises 80 turbines capable to generate a total of 1.5 MW.

The total project investment is estimated at US$257 million

The feasibility study for the project was carried out 2 year ago and it is scheduled to be completed in a year and a half.

Export Import Bank of China, will contribute to finance the project with an amount equivalent to the 85 per cent of the total project investment. The remaining 15 per cent will be financed by the Ethiopian Government.

Share this news

Join us

In order to get full access to News section, you must have a full subscription. You can check all the benefits of becoming a member and purchase a subscription on our membership page.