Morocco's agency for solar energy MASEN is understood to have pre-qualified 20 companies in the tender process of its solar power plan Noor PV I.
The project will involve the construction, operation and maintenance of a total of 170 MW in three sites, Noor Ouarzazate, Noor Laayoune and Noor Boujdour, under the independent power producer (IPP) regime.
The pre-qualification phase was launched this summer and by the end of September 37 enterprises submitted their bids.
Based on the evaluation of such applications, the 20 following consortia (listed alphabetically) are pre-qualified by Masen as they have met the pre-qualification criteria and have achieved the highest scoring as per the methodology described in the RFQ Document:
- Abener Energia Consortium (Abener Energia SA, Abengoa Solar España SA)
- ACWA Consortium (International Company for Water and Power Projects, First Solar)
- Consortium Alfanar (Alfanar Company, Bester Generacion Sociedad Limitada, SolarReserve Development Co. LLC, Gaits Industries)
- BTSA Consortium (BTSA Netherlands Cooperatie UA, Cobra Instalaciones Y Servicios SA)
- Canadian Solar Consortium (Canadian Solar Inc., Building Energy Spa, Africa Investments Gateway SARLAU, Canadian Solar UK Projects)
- EDF Energies Nouvelles Consortium (EDF Energies Nouvelles SA, Nebras Power QSC, Green of Africa Development SA)
- Elecnor SA
- ENEL Green Power Spa
- Eren Renewables Consortium (Eren Renewables SA, TSK Electronic y Electricidad SA, Access Infra Africa)
- Fotowatio Renewable Ventures B.V.
- Hida Energy Consortium (Hida Energy, Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd., Novapower)
- Jinko Solar Holding Co. Ltd.
- Masdar Consortium (Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company PJSC, Grupo Gransolar)
- OCI Solar Power Consortium (OCI Solar Power LLC, Chint Electric Co. Ltd., KT Corp)
- SECI Energia Consortium (SECI Energia Spa, JA (Yanghzou) Solar Photovoltaic Engineering Co. Ltd., Sunbiose SARL, Al Jeel Alhader Trading Company, Enerray Spa)
- Sinohydro Corporation Consortium (Sinohydro Corporation Limited, TBEA Xinjiang Sunoasis Co, Ltd.)
- SunE Solar Consortium (SunE Solar B.V., Jet Contractors SA)
- SunPower Consortium (SunPower Corporation, Temasol SA, Total Energie Développement SAS)
- Swicorp Consortium (Swicorp, Acciona Energia SA, Société Générale des Travaux du Maroc)
- Terra Sola Consortium (Terra Sola Ventures W.L.L, Hareon Solar Technology Co. Limited, Anouar Invest SA)
The consortia listed are invited to participate in the request for proposals process of the NOOR PV I phase.
ACWA Power achieved Financial Close (FC) for the Independent Power Projects NOOR II (200MW) and NOOR III (150MW) concentrated solar power (CSP) projects in Morocco in May 2015.